Itinerary: From 6:00am (first day) to 10:00pm (5th day)
Frequency: Every day
(B) = breakfast, (L) = lunch, (D) = dinner
First Day: Cusco/ Mollepata/Soraypampa (L) (D)
Very early in the morning we leave from Cusco in a tourist bus, passing through the local towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo, until after 3 hours we arrive at Mollepata. This is where we begin our trek, although this first part is not too demanding until after the sector of Silcacancha, where our lunch is waiting. After a brief break, we continue hiking through green and beautiful scenery until Soraypampa, where we eat dinner and spend our first night.
Second Day: Soraypampa/Colpapampa (B) (L) (D)
After an invigorating breakfast, we begin the hike on our second, and most difficult day of the trek in which we ascend the pass Pampas del Salkantay (4650 meters) from where we can appreciate an incredible and majestic view of the whole region. After lunch and a well deserved break, we continute our hike until we get to Huayrac where we have indescribable views of the mountains and valleys until we arrive to Colpapampa, where we spend the second night.
Day 3: Colpapampa / Playa (B) (L) (D)
We again have breakfast and then begin the hike. This day will be unforgettable because we can see drastic changes in climate zones as we enter into the cloud forest. We pass through the Andean community of Arranyanniyoc, where we begin our descent into this mountain jungle and can view small formations of hot springs along the course of the Santa Teresa River. The heat and humidity of this zone has created a micro climate within the mountains, and we benefit with immensely beautiful views of an immense variety of orchids, which many experts have said are some of the most beautiful in the world. We eventually arrive that the zone named Lluskamayu, where we eat our lunch and then continue hiking for another 2.5 hours until we reach our campsite for the night.
Day 4: Playa / HidroElectrica / AguasCalientes
(B) (L) (D)
We begin the day with another excellent breakfast and then begin hiking, still through the cloud forest in which locals are cultivating a variety of agricultural products including coffee, chocolate, and fruit trees. We eventually arrive at Sahuayaco, where we eat lunch and then continute our descent to the old Central HidroElectrica, from where we hike until we reach the town at the bottom of Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes. We eat dinner and spend the night in a hotel.
Day 5: AguasCalientes / Machu Picchu / Cusco
We eat a very early breakfast in the hotel and then immediately leave the small town to ascend for approximately and hour and a half to the entrance control to the ruins. In Machu Picchu, we have a guided tour of the urban and agricultural zones, the ceremonial plazas, the sacred sites, the Intihuatana (solar clock) and the many terraces that form this incredible complex. The guided tour lasts approximately an hour and a half, after which you have time to explore the ruins on your own. We later take the train back to Cusco and are taken to respective hotels.
• All necessary transportation
• Train ticket (Aguas Calientes - Cusco)
• Entrance to Machu Picchu
• Bus ticket up and down from Machu Picchu
• Transportation Cusco/ Train Station / Cusco
• Professional guide (english or spanish) throughout the whole trek and in Machu Picchu
• Professional cook
• Horses to carry the kitchen and camping equipment
• Horses to carry 5 kilos per person for free
• Food as indicated in the itinerary
• Camping equipment: tents, sleeping pad
• 3 nights camping in double tents
• 1 night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes
• Vegetarian food without extra charge (optional)
• First aid equipment (oxygen).
• First breakfast
• Final lunch
• Sleeping bag (can rent from our office.
Questions or Reservations
- Inca Trail to Machupicchu 4d/3n
- Inka Trail to Machu Picchu 2d/1n
- Salkantay – Inca trail 7d/6n
- Salkantay 4d/3n
- Salkantay 5d/4n
- Inka Jungle - Machupicchu 4d/3n
- Choquequirao 5d/4n ó 4d/3n
- Ausangate 5d/4n
- Lares – Machupicchu 5d/4n
- Lares – Machu Picchu 4d/3n